Companies and organizations use many ways to communicate with their valued customers regarding a product or service. Reminder massage is one of them that businesses can use to remind their customers.
Sending SMS and email reminders is a unique source of communication that quickly reminds people of upcoming payments, meetings, appointments, and payments. Go through the content to learn more about the growing utility of reminder messages for businesses with brief information on reminder message types, users, and the process of writing convincing messages.
Sharing a text message between two or more people is a perfect way to communicate without speaking even a single word. Various messages are sent to concerned people so they can read the right information and take action. You also expect your contacts to read the message you shared.
Text-based reminder messages are easy to read and understand. These messages remind the finder about an upcoming event. Compared to an average email opening rate of around 20%, text messages have a whopping 98% open rate. It clearly means that you must draft the right message and send it to the people who deserve it.
What Is A Reminder Text Message?
As its name suggests, a reminder text message reminds the message finders about an upcoming event concerning follow-up and appointments. An appointment reminder text is a simple but organized SMS message that reminds your contacts about an upcoming appointment. These text reminders are as simple as:
“Hello (xxxxxx)! We want to remind you of your scheduled appointment at (place) at (time). We’ll see you soon.”
Irrespective of the complexity and simplicity of your message, the purpose of appointment reminders is specific. It should have clear, complete, and easy-to-understand information. Remember that companies should not use text reminders to upsell and cross-sell any product or service turned down by customers in the past.
The prime objective of an appointment reminder is to assist customers in rescheduling things in advance when they fail to make it to their initial appointment. So, a reminder message lets customers refill the business calendar quickly without missing any appointments.
Types Of The Reminder Message
Marketing, promotional, and transactional messages are the three most popular messages businesses use to reach their targeted audience.
Whether an appointment reminder SMS or a payment reminder SMS message, text-based reminder messages make a big difference and make business communication clear, hassle-free, and effective. The following are some most common types of reminder messages businesses use for internal and external communication.
Upcoming Appointment Reminders
We live in a never-sleeping world where we have to remember the next appointment daily. You need to attend all appointments you booked some time ago. So, you need someone who can remind you of upcoming appointments conveniently.
Here, a reminder message guarantees that customers will get planned information. So, companies can use it to create brand loyalty and help customers save time and money.
Businesses can use a reminder SMS to send to their audience to promote upcoming events. It could be a customer event hosted by the company or a product and service launch helpful to the customer.
A quick message reminds customers of upcoming events and creates the impression that businesses genuinely care about the changing needs of their valued customers.
Recurring Appointment Reminders
Like a monthly subscription, businesses can help their customers with recurring appointments. Customers will not miss any appointments if they use appointment reminders. Companies can ensure customers’ loyalty to the brand if they rarely miss appointments.
After having a successful customer session with your business, you needn’t request them to schedule their next appointment themselves. Use SMS reminders to follow up and schedule an appointment. Customers will be happy when you give them more accessible ways to schedule appointments using widespread text messaging solutions.
SMS reminders are also helpful for following up with customers after appointments and asking them for their candid feedback. You can use follow-up reminders within 24 hours of customer visits to get first-hand reviews to improve your business.
Like any other industry, financial services also use reminders to improve collections. Most customers like to pay their dues on time without missing the last date but simply forget to remember due dates.
So, a simple automated reminder can solve the purpose. SMS reminders are vital in confirming customers pay on time, whether it is an upcoming EMI, overdue bill payment, upcoming installment, tax payment, or insurance renewal.
Cart Abandonment Reminders
Owing to website issues, complex checkout processes, and customer-side issues, many online shoppers abandon their shopping carts. Here, online shopping sites must bring them back to accomplish their shopping; this way, and they can dramatically improve sales.
Automated SMS reminders or personalized messages remind customers of their abandoned carts and encourage them to complete the purchase. It will make the customer happy and induce his trust in your brand.
Seasonal Sale Reminders
Companies plan and organize big sales on different occasions. So, companies need to remind customers what they plan and offer. An SMS reminder is a great way to stay on customers’ minds.
Sending periodic reminders to customers before the day of the sale will inform customers about all aspects of the upcoming event. Use “sale is now on” reminders and send customers the same on the day of the sale. It will help increase website traffic.
Importance Of Reminder Messages For Businesses
Attending business meetings on time per the given schedule is best for the businesses. People (employees, clients, and stakeholders) often fail to remember their upcoming plans owing to their busy life. It means there should be something that can remind them about prefixed appointments and schedules. That is why reminder messages help everyone know their plans per fixed schedules.
SMS reminders are a powerful communication source to remind clients about meetings, updates, appointments, and payments. Today, more than 5.16 billion people have a phone worldwide, and almost 3.50 billion people own a smartphone.
They check their phones 58 times daily, carry phones in their pockets, and respond to every ring or vibration. Look at some statistics showing the growing importance of reminder messages for businesses.
- 51% of millennials already get SMS reminders
- 75% of millennials prefer to receive SMS appointment reminders
- 9 out of 10 people feel happy while receiving SMS reminders
- A business offering an SMS service gets recommendations from customers 28% more
- About 64% of the customers develop a positive image of your business when you communicate with them directly
- About 80% of people use SMS for business texting
- People read around 90% of text messages in 3 minutes
- The text message opening rate is almost 98%
Stats sources: Statista, Pew Research Center, ZipWhip, eMarketer, etc.
Who Uses Text Message Reminders
Text message reminders are helpful for all industries looking to serve a wider audience. A long list of sectors uses text message reminders to inform customers about upcoming updates on meetings, follow-ups, and appointments. Look at some prime users of text message reminders.
- Real Estate companies can use text alerts and messages to educate, inform, and entertain customers on new properties on sale, site visits, house viewing appointments, and payment reminders.
- E-commerce – Online stores and eCommerce sites can send customers delivery alerts, sale alerts, and abandoned cart reminders.
- B2B – B2B business enterprises can send their target audience appointments or meeting reminders so that customers can make up things in the least amount of time.
- Restaurants – Restaurants and eating points can also send a reminder to customers regarding special foods and the date of an RSVP.
- Political Campaigns – Different political parties can inform their voters about the value of their votes or how to cast a ballot.
- Healthcare – Patients looking for medical care from healthcare centers can remind patients about upcoming appointments using brief texts.
- Insurance Agencies – Be it health, motor, or life insurance, insurance agencies can benefit from reminder messages on insurance policy notifications.
- Education – Schools, universities, and institutes can remind students and parents of payment and school events.
- Hotels and Travel – Reminders messages can help customers get the correct information about flight timing, hotel check-in, and checkout.
Writing A Reminder Message
Writing a reminder mail or message seems to be an easy task. But you must be more professional and creative while writing something that delivers a perfect communication message. Apart from ideal timing for a reminder email, there are also other factors that you need to consider before writing a unique message.
- Choose a solid and appropriate subject line the recipient doesn’t take as spam. Give value to words like “Response Required” and “Action Required.” Take inspiration from the following subject lines: “Action Required: Richardson Project,” “Following Up: My CV,” and “Response Required: Widget Delivery.”
- Greet the recipient with words like “Hi,” “Hello,” or “Dear” followed by the person’s first name.
- Another pivotal thing you need to take care of while writing a reminder message is to start with the niceties. Ensure the message you share is specific and appropriate in some reference and context.
- Move ahead and get to the point by giving a personal touch to the message. Spend most time on it and be clear about the message. You better start the message with text like “Thanks for your work or work on…”
- Make a specific request because the prime purpose of sending a friendly reminder is to encourage consumers to take action. So, a call-to-action message will make things happen in your favor.
- Finally, it is time to wrap the message up and sign your name. Give the recipient the benefit of the doubt. Use words like “Kind regards,” “Regards,” “Sincerely,” “Thanks again,” “All the best,” and “Best regards.” Before using any of these words, write a good closing sentence.
Be it a meeting reminder message, reminder alert, event reminder message, payment reminder SMS, a gentle reminder for payment SMS, or payment reminder message to the client, business enterprises need to simplify their customer communication. So, a text-based reminder message helps create a personalized customer experience and satiate your targeted audience.
When you invest and opt for messaging services in India, you get the most out of your business communication. Many business communication service providing companies in India help you get customized text messaging services. For more information on business messaging services and solutions for your business, call 1800 137 3839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Choose an appropriate and solid subject line
- Greet the recipient. Start with the niceties
- Get to the point
- Make a specific request
- Wrap it up and sign your name
All Android, iOS, Web, Windows, and Mac users can stick to the following steps to send a reminder on WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp
- Open the conversation
- Enter ‘remind me to..’
- Now you will be asked for the reminder time.
- Add the time, and you are all set!
- Pick an appropriate subject line
- Greet the recipient with a salutation
- Start with the niceties
- Get to the point
- Opt for a specific request
- Close it up and sign your name
- Send an email to catch the person’s attention
- Send a text message
- Visit the person to understand their needs
- Don’t be too demanding
- Ask them politely and directly
- Let them feel their value
- Make a humble but direct request
- I didn’t know that. Thanks!
- Thanks for sharing the info/information!
- That was helpful. Thanks!